Singapore Life Science Case Competition
Updated Oct 01, 2018
The Singapore Life Science Case Competition, the first of its kind, is a business case competition focused on the life sciences and pharmaceutical industries. Put together by Biotech Connection Singapore, L.E.K. Consulting and ESSEC Business School, this competition is open to all university students, postgraduates, researchers and biotech/medtech entrepreneurs.
Why join a case competition?
This is a great opportunity for all participants with little to no prior consulting experience, to a) apply your analytical skills and scientific insight to solve real-life business problems, b) develop business acumen for career advancement, and c) to expand your professional network.
As part of joining this competition, you will also get to take part in a consulting training workshop to get up to speed with basic consulting skills. The winning team of the competition will be awarded a cash prize of $1000, a tour of the L.E.K. Consulting office, and lunch with L.E.K. associates.
Competition timeline and format
- Form teams of 3 to 4 and sign up through this Google form
- You are encouraged to form your teams ahead. However, if you do not have a team, you may sign up as an individual and form your teams later during the information session
- Individuals who have previously worked as or are currently working as full-time professional consultants are not eligible to apply
- The deadline for sign up is 28th Sept, 11.59 pm
- If you would like to change your details or withdraw, please email us directly at email@example.com
- Update: Information on the workshop has been sent out to all registered participants by email. Please contact us if you did not receive it
Information Session and Consulting Workshop
- The info session followed by training workshop will take place on 10th Oct (Wed) at ESSEC Business School, 5 Nepal Park, Singapore 139408
- Attendance is highly encouraged, but not mandatory. However, it is mandatory for all teams to have at least one representative present at the info session
- All individual participants may form their teams during the info session. You MUST submit your team name, team member list and appointed team leader contact (for communication purposes) to BCS before the end of the networking break. If you are unable to attend the Info session in person, please make sure another member of your team submits your name, or inform us so that we can slot you into a team. No changes to team members are allowed after this.
- Only teams that are finalised by end of day on 10th Oct may proceed with the competition
- Note that the workshop is only open to participants of the competition
- Preliminary cases will be released after the info session and workshop. Further details of the submission will be disclosed during the info session
- Teams will be given 5 days to solve the case and submit their slide decks (in MS PowerPoint format or PDF) and a video pitch of the presentation (voiceover with presentation allowed)
- Shortlisted teams will move on to the Finals and will be given feedback to improve on their presentations
- The top 4 teams selected for the Finals are given 15 min to present followed by a 10 min Q&A with the judging panel
- At least 3 members of every team have to present in front of the judges
- The esteemed panel of judges for the Finals, representing business, education, consulting, and pharma, will be disclosed at a later date
- The final presentation will be held on 24th Oct, 5.30 pm – 7.45 pm, at the Grand Amphitheatre of ESSEC Business School, 5 Nepal Park, Singapore 139408
- The Finals will be open to all teams who were not selected for the finals and other registered attendees. Registration for this event is now open
Any changes to the above details will be updated on this webpage and communicated via email. Finally, if you have any questions please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org